Jenna and I are thrilled to announce that starting Monday May 18, we will be resuming face-to-face Zumba classes again in Lower Hutt at the Avalon Community Hall on Tuesdays at 6pm and at Dyer Street School on Mondays and Thursdays at 6pm. To ensure everyone's safety during Level 2, we will be implementing several procedures to limit any possibility of Covid-19 community transmission.
Sport New Zealand has provided very clear guidelines on what sporting and recreational groups must adhere to during Level 2, if they wish to offer services to the public. Here is a link to the current Sport New Zealand guidelines for level 2 as of 12 May 2020.
Two of the main precautions we will be implementing will be a limit on the number of people in our classes, being a maximum of 10, and the ability to effectively contact trace all participants.
To this end, we have re-instigated our PunchPass booking system and implemented member accounts. You will now be able to manage your bookings and review the number of passes you currently have available. Please visit the link below for our full class calendar:
IMPORTANT: To reserve a spot in any of our face-to-face classes you must pre-purchase your passes from our website before making your booking on PunchPass. You can purchase passes on our pricing page. When you purchase a pass, we will activate it on PunchPass and you will then be able to make your booking and reserve your spot.
Our Precautions for Your Safety
Below are the precautions that we will be implement to ensure your safety.
- Our classes will be restricted to a maximum of 10 people
- You must use our PunchPass booking system so we can record your attendance and contact details to assist with contact tracing if required.
- Surfaces and equipment at venues will be regularly cleaned and disinfected where practicable.
- Good personal hygiene practices will be enforced – wash and dry your hands before and after each class. Hand sanitizer will be available, cough into elbow and don’t touch your face. We understand that you will sweat and so you must bring and use a towel when needed.
- Bring a water bottle and make sure that you keep it and any of your other belonging at least 2 meters away from anyone else's belongings.
- Stay home if you’re sick and do not take part in any of our classes if you have flu-like symptoms.
- Each participant will be require to keep a physical distance of 2 metres from other members throughout the entity of the class wherever possible.
- People at high risk of severe illness from COVID-19 (particularly older people and those with existing medical conditions) should not partake in any of our classes.
- Doors to our venues will be closed at the start of the class and signs will be placed on the exterior to inform others that they may not enter while the class is in session.
- If you have friends or family that will be bring you to and from the class they must not enter our venues either before or after our classes.
With your assistance we can safely conduct our classes and and enjoy the benefits Zumba provides us both physically, mentally and emotionally.
Jenna and I are committed not only to providing you with the fun and entertainment that you always get from doing one of our classes, but we are equally committed to ensuring your safety.
Online Zumba Classes
Thank you to all those who have supported us and our online classes over the last few weeks throughout levels 3 and 4. We would like to continue to provide these online classes but at this time we are unsure of what that new format will look like. This Saturday will be our last Free Online Zumba class and we hope that all our friends and regular members will join us for that class at 9am.
Andy and Jenna